Wednesday, December 3, 2008

O - O #1

Of course they weren't the first pair I ever had, but they were the pair I held on to the longest. The running shoes that had logged so many miles were finally laid to rest underneath my futon now at college. Long before that, well over a year ago, the crisp and clean shoes arrived at my house after a typical purchase from Eastbay. The vamps were so white they could have blinded a person, while the three green adidas stripes slashed across the toes of the shoe. The ventilated tops caused a breeze to gently pass through to the runners feet for sweat control. Another amazing feature of these light-as-a-feather shoes was the vented bottoms. Three stratigically placed gaps in the bottom of the shoe enhanced the ventilation even further.
These adidas shoes provided many wonderous moments throughout the past year, from worldly accomplishments to forming relationships. A fellow runner on our cross country team had purchased the same pair of shoes, on the same day, with no knowledge of my purchase. The friend and I seemed to become closer over the next few months, running every night together in the same shoes. This daily habit produced great results, and at the end of the year we were celebrating a title together. For the rest of the year, that title was a common discussion topic amongst us whenever we were together.
Recently, I replaced these nostalgic shoes with a new pair. While the physical use of these shoes are over, I am sure that they will provide a spark of thought every time I see them. Hopefully, the current pair I am wearing will eventually cause the same thing, with even better memories behind them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice design..! I love to wear Adidas shoes for much comfort and superior performance.